VES non-crisis building security plan/practice is as follows:
- During the instructional day, all exterior doors will remain locked. The front door will be locked and individuals must be buzzed into the building.
- Parents are required to notify the office and come in to sign students out for appointments, etc., that occur during the school day.
- All visitors are required to report to the office to sign in and receive a nametag to be allowed in the building. Upon completion of the visit, the individual must sign out.
- Students from another school wishing to shadow a VES student, must be pre-approved by the director. No visitors will be allowed to stay at school for the day without prior approval from the director. Visitor approval forms are available in the office.
- Building volunteers are required to have a completed background check on file.
- All staff and school groups utilizing building space after hours and on weekends are responsible for securing doors, limiting access to the use of areas, and assuring that the building is clear and locked prior to leaving the building.
- No one is authorized to wedge a door open at any time to allow individuals to enter the building for practices, school activities, meetings, etc.