Rights under Title IX – Equal Educational Opportunity
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that equal educational opportunity is provided for all students of VES.
- GENERAL STATEMENT OF POLICY
- It is the school district’s policy to provide equal educational opportunity for all students. The school district does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation or age. The school district also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled students.
- The school district prohibits the harassment of any individual for any of the categories listed above. For information about the types of conduct that constitute violation of the school district’s policy on harassment and violence and the school district’s procedures for addressing such complaints, refer to policy Prohibition of Harassment and Violence.
- This policy applies to all areas of education including academics, coursework, co-curricular and extracurricular activities, or other rights or privileges of enrollment.
- It is the responsibility of every school district employee to comply with this policy conscientiously.
- Any student, parent or guardian having any questions regarding this policy should discuss it with an appropriate school official. In addition, an inquiry or a complaint should be referred to the Department of Human Resources or the Superintendent.