Recent Case Study Topics
You and your class can consider the topic of Medical Marijuana as an Informative Speech topic from a wide variety of news and medical sources.
As you discuss this topic, consider how you could make this work for an Informative Speech.
- How can you inform on a topic that is still controversial?
- Is this the best “general purpose” for this speech topic?
- What must you do to maintain objective?
- What must you do to become credible?
- Where can you search local and state data, laws, policy on this topic?
Sources – To be updated with the most recent MN “OOPS, we VOTED ON THIS!?” Situation.
- Fox News = Pot is dangerous, not funny — a doctor tells us why. January 7, 2018. https://www.google.com/search?num=20&ei=2cUyW8WZAdb39QOF3aKgCw&q=Fox+News+Medical+Marijuana&oq=Fox+News+Medical+Marijuana&gs_l=psy-ab.3…151786.163769.0.1703188.8.131.52.0.0.0.144.2937.28j5.33.0..2..0…1.1.64.psy-ab..16.11.1033…0j0i131i67k1j0i131k1j0i7i30k1j0i20i264k1j0i273k1j0i131i273k1j0i30k1j0i8i30k1j0i8i7i30k1j0i8i10i30k1j0i13i30k1.0.gSV2ahtJ1n0.
- BBC = BBC Documentary 2017 – Medical Cannabis: The Wonder Weed – 2017 Full Documentary. Geraldine P. Sanchez. Published on Mar 8, 2017.
- MSNBC = Meet the family of doctors who help people use medical marijuana. March 16, 2018. https://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/video/meet-the-family-of-doctors-who-help-people-use-medical-marijuana-1187574339943.
- American Medical Association: AMA Finally Admits Marijuana has Medical Benefits. https://www.newschoolers.com/news/read/AMA-Finally-Admits-Marijuana-Medical-Benefits.