**Notice required by policy.
Purpose: The purpose of this policy is to provide guidelines for use and parking of motor vehicles by students, to maintain order and discipline in the schools, and to protect the health, safety, and welfare of students and school personnel.
General Statement of Policy: It is the policy of this school district to allow the limited use and parking of motor vehicles by students. It is the position of the school district that a fair and equitable district-wide student motor vehicle policy will contribute to the quality of the student’s educational experience, will maintain order and discipline in the schools, and will protect the health, safety, and welfare of students and school personnel. This policy applies to all students in the school district.
Student Parking of Motor Vehicles in School District Location: Students are permitted to park on school property as a matter of privilege, not right.
Driving Vehicles to School:
- Drivers are asked to observe a 10 mph speed limit on the school grounds at all times.
- Drivers of motorcycles are to use blocks on their kickstands so they do not gouge into the pavement.
- Only licensed drivers may operate a motor vehicle to, from, or around the school.
- This includes snowmobiles and any other type of vehicle. Students who do not have a driver’s license, but have obtained a license to operate another vehicle, such as a snowmobile, will only be allowed to drive it to school if they have written permission from their parents and have received prior approval from the school.
The following rules apply to students driving snowmobiles:
- Must wait until 3:30 pm to leave school grounds to keep traffic congestion at a minimum.
- Must stay off all walking trails and highway.
- Must be at least 14 years old.
- Must use designated route on school grounds and designated parking area.
- Must have written parent permission and a copy of the license on file at the school. Indus School will need to approve before you will be allowed to drive.
Any violations will result in a loss of driving privileges for the remainder of the school year. If there are too many violations from the student body, we may choose to no longer allow the driving of snowmobiles to school.
Use of Cars for School Activities:
- The school day or on activity trips must have either a teacher Students traveling by car to school-sponsored events during or a school-approved adult driving each car used.
- The school has an obligation to provide approved transportation to the participants of school activities. When such transportation is provided, students are expected to use it.