*Notice required by Statute.
Students must meet all course credit requirements and graduation standards, as established by the state and the school board, in order to graduate from SKRR Schools/Indus School. Students must also take and/or pass the state-identified proficiency tests, Minnesota comprehensive assessments, Minn, alternate assessments, and/or other applicable tests, if required by Minnesota state statute.
Courses for Jr. High:
Normally all classes offered for grades 7 and 8 will be required. Students will have a choice between band and/or choir. They must participate in one of the two for at least semester one of their 7th and 8th grade year to meet the state standards in the fine arts.
Twenty-six credits are required to be earned in grades 9-12, to earn a high school diploma. Credits are earned on a semester basis. Upon the successful completion of any class that meets every day during a semester, a student earns one-half of a credit. This requirement may be waived and a student may earn one-fourth of a credit, if he/she successfully completes a quarter’s work in a class and then withdraws from that class. This waiver can only be granted with the approval of the instructor involved and the principal/administrative assistant. The twenty-six credits needed for graduation shall be made up of required and elective courses approved by the State Department of Education and the Board of Trustees of the local district. A student must have satisfactorily completed:
- 4 credits in English which meet the state Language Arts Standards.
- 4 credits in Social Studies which meet the state Social Studies Standards and include US History, Geography, World History, Economics and American Government (or their approved equivalent).
- 1 credit total of Physical Education and Health with a minimum of .5 credits in each.
- 3 credits in Math in grades 9, 10,11, or 12. One credit must be Geometry. One credit must be Algebra II or its equivalent. Students who take Algebra I as a 9th grader will receive elective credit and must take and pass an additional 3 math courses to graduate.
- 3 credits in science, which meet the state Science Standards. One credit Physical Science, 1 credit Biology, and 1 credit of either Chemistry/ Physics, or equivalent meeting the Chemistry/Physics requirements.
- 1 credit in the Arts (music or visual arts.
- .5 credit in Consumer Education. . It can be waived if students elect to take a 4th credit in higher level math or 4th credit in higher level science.
- The remainder of the 26 required credits are from the elective areas.
- A student who forgoes all or part of his/her senior year and obtains GED certificate shall not be eligible to take part in graduation ceremonies.
- A student who is under the influence of alcohol, narcotics or any other controlled substance will not be allowed to take part in his/her graduation ceremony. The principal/administrative assistant and class advisor(s) shall have the final say as to whether or not a student has violated this requirement.
- Only those members of the senior class who have successfully completed all requirements for graduation by 3:15 p.m. on graduation day will be allowed to participate in Indus graduation ceremonies. Foreign exchange students must meet the same graduation requirements as all other students.
- Seniors who are suspended or receive ISS during the last two weeks of school, may not be allowed to walk at graduation.