Class Standing – Sr. High:
Class standing in the senior high is based on total credits earned, not the number of years with a group or class.
- To be considered a sophomore, a student must have successfully completed a minimum of 6 credits.
- To be considered a junior, a student must have successfully completed a minimum of 12 credits in grades 9 and 10.
- To be considered a senior, a student must have successfully completed a minimum of 19 credits in grades 9, 10 and 11.
Class Standing – Jr. High:
Students will be accepted into the 7th grade upon the recommendation of the appropriate officials of the previous grade or school. However, to advance in grade standing, students must demonstrate the ability to do classroom work at the higher level.
- Any junior high student receiving 3 or more failing grades for a semester’s work shall repeat the grade the following year unless promoted with administration approval (the entire year of Grade 7 or Grade 8 Health is considered one semester of work).
- In some instances, students eligible for promotion will be assigned to the higher grade but will be required to repeat a failing course from the previous grade.