The mission of the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is to promote effective school-family-community partnerships.
Why Get Involved:
- When parents are involved, students achieve more, regardless of race, economic and social status or the parents’ level of education.
- The more parents are involved, the higher the student achievements.
- With parent involvement, success for disadvantaged students not only improves, it can reach and equal the standards for children.
- The benefits of parental involvement are significant at all ages and all grade levels.
- Students who are failing improve dramatically when parents become active partners in their education.
How to Get Involved:
- Provide a safe and loving home environment.
- Make sure your child is well fed and rested.
- At home, help with homework and class projects, teaching responsibility to attend school regularly and have work in on time.
- Attend school events, such as concerts, plays and ceremonies, and show appreciation and support.
- Volunteer to help in the classroom – for special events or on a regular basis.
- Join the PTO and/or serve on a school or district committee.
- Your child’s teachers are your best resources. Be in contact with them throughout the year.
- Attend Parent/Teacher conferences.
- Ask your child about his/her day.